QuickBooks error 6189 appears when the user tries to access the file which is opened at some other program. Users having multi-user access face this error the most. If you are among them then make sure to read this guide completely and know how to eliminate this agitated issue from the device. Make sure to perform each step wisely to troubleshoot the error.
Well, there comes an error text whenever the hindrances occur that states “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user.” The instant solution would be accessing the QB file in single-user mode. But, if this also fails then try out other solutions mentioned in this guide.
Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 6189 816
Different things work behind to make the error appear. You can check out the list below and understand each of them.
- Antivirus causing issues within your operating system.
- There are some problems within the QB hosting processes.
- Another user accessing the QB file of the server in multi-user mode.
- QuickBooks component gets damaged due to some issues.
- Deleting drivers from the system
- Problems within the QuickBooks registry values.
So, all of these factors trigger the error. Get into the solutions below to learn how to fix this issue.
Fix QuickBooks Error 6189 816 With These Solutions
There are lots of ways through which you can resolve this issue. Listed below are some of them.
Solution 1: Use Quick Fix my Program
This is the first solution that we will commence for troubleshooting the QuickBooks error 6189. Make sure to get into and learn the procedure.
- Initiate with closing the QuickBooks desktop.
- Now, move towards the Intuit official site and download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Save the file where you can easily find it on your device.
- Once done, access the downloaded file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- The user is now required to go through the instructions carefully.
- Thereafter, hit another tab named Install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the installation gets finished, just launch the icon.
- Consequently, tap on the tab named Program Problems when the tool hub opens.
- The user is now required to select Quick fix my program.
- In the end, access the QB desktop with the data file.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks database Server Manager
QuickBooks contains the .nd file that connects the company file of the server to the workstations. Here are the steps to run the tool on your system.
- To begin with, access the tool hub program.
- Now, head towards the Network Issues.
- Once done, choose QuickBooks database Server manager.
- If the server is not having the QB software installed on it, then you will be asked to do so.
- Once done, choose the Start scan button.
- Try to find out your files from the Browse button if the company file does not appear.
- The firewall permissions will get resolved with this tool.
- After completing this procedure, choose the Close button.
- In the end, try to access QuickBooks.
With this tool, you can resolve the QuickBooks Error 1904 that appears due to the damaged Microsoft component.
Solution 3: Download and Run QuickBooks Refresher tool
To download and run the QuickBooks refresher tool, the user needs to follow these steps below:
- Commence the procedure by downloading the QuickBooks refresher too.
- After that, try to install the files.
- Now, you are required to save the relevant files.
- Verify if the system is running some other programs or not.
- If yes, then close it instantly.
- Now, open the QBRefresher.exe file through double-clicking.
- This tool will run on its own.
- Make sure to go through the instructions displayed on the screen to run the tool.
- In the last step, just access the QB desktop again.
Solution 4: Manually Fix Error 6189
Try to manually fix the issue if the error is not resolved yet.
- Looking for the transaction log file is the primary step to do.
- Then, try to rename the same.
- Once done, examine and verify users’ permission.
- Now, choose QBDataServiceUserXX for the QB application.
- Just ensure that QB files are not encrypted.
- Build a copy of the QB file.
- Thereafter, paste the same on the desktop screen.
- If there arise some issues while accessing the files then head towards the QB folder.
Solution 5: Backup and Restore the QB File
- Initially, make a backup of the QB file on the system which you are using.
- Now, copy and paste the backup files to your new computer.
- Once done, move towards the Flash drive and Another external device.
- Make sure that there is a proper network connection.
- The user can now easily restore the backup on the new computer.
With the following troubleshooting, you will get rid of the error issue. Start from the first one and move consequently till you achieve success in troubleshooting. Also, check out the different articles posted on the site on different errors.