The term Social Bookmarking is one of the off-page SEO activities. It is a strategy to acquire backlinks for the website. Social bookmarking evolves the submission of web page links to different link sharing websites. The website includes Reddit, Tumblr, Scoop.it, Plurk, and lot more.
So, how do you use social bookmarking?
Social bookmarking is one of the best and important tasks in SEO and through which you can easily gain lots of traffic to your website. Besides, you can index your blogs/articles just by publishing it on the sites. By promoting your websites on social bookmarking will make your presence strong on social media. It will help brand awareness which will result in increasing the number of visitors to your website.
Why social bookmarking is important?
Here are some of the reasons which make social bookmarking so important:
- Faster Site Indexing: Every website search engine needs constant information. This information helps in ranking the sites. They collect all the data by crawling to the web for updates and information. When Google stores and updates data then it is termed as indexing. Social bookmarks help Google bots and understand your content. Moreover, it speeds up the indexing process. Thus, the search engine finds and ranks the content faster if no bookmark exists.
- Backlinks : When the content appears on a bookmarking site then it creates a backlink. For achieving page one ranking on a search engine result page the legit backlinks is a big part of it. With the help of social bookmarking, it can boost your domain authority. The high authorities make ranking well and generate traffic.
- Website Traffic : With the help of social bookmarking you can boost traffic to your website. But remember the bookmark that you set on the browser cannot do that. Social bookmarking has a direct effect on ranking and can enhance traffic. When the content appears on a bookmarking website people follow the link of your site. If the information has been found engaging then it can lead to thousands of new visitors every month.
- Social Signals : Google counts all the social bookmarks as social signals. They usually help in deciding how popular your brand is with the public. It is the content that drives thousands of people to your site and enhances domain authority. The higher authority is equal to the higher rank. The terms like backlinks, fast indexing, social signals are great for SEO
- Bookmarking is better : Most of the social bookmarking sites organize the tagged items. The users can browse the things based on their popularity either it is related to news, sports, etc. while having a good search capability you can see what other people bookmark using the search tools. For example, a social site is a smart search engine tool. The social bookmarking tools are web-based and the account is always up-to-date.
What are the examples of bookmarking sites?
Social bookmarking is one of the off page SEO activity. It helps in SEO in the sense that it helps to create quality backlinks to the website. It also helps in making a webpage index faster. Following are the examples of various social bookmarking sites: