Water plays a vital role in ensuring that children grow up in a clean environment with proper sanitation and good hygiene and have access to a proper diet where their nutritional needs are met. Having a reliable source of clean water is essential to the growth and development of children as it concerns nutrition. Fruits like peach or plum, or tomato are examples of. Vegetables are also great sources of water in the body. Some satisfaction comes from munching celery.
Five ways in which water affects early childhood nutrition in a community are listed below:
- It affects the supply of food and nutrients: The presence of water, pure water with no contaminants, affects the nutrition of young children. In communities, you need water to ensure that your environment is disease-free and hygienic. Water affects the access to clean food and nutrients derived from it available in a home. Water affects the livelihoods of families, their income, access to education, and use of time. Sometimes malnutrition is caused by a lack of water resources and conflict. Major solutions are irrigation, water supply, sanitation, and waste management. Minor solutions that affect each household include the use of a reverse osmosis water filter to make the water consumed in the household suitable for domestic use.
- It facilitates the production of saliva: You need saliva to help break down food in your body system and keep your mouth healthy. A young child who has regular fluid intake usually has the right amount of saliva needed to maintain all the functions of the human body, such as digestion and egestion. You need water for digestive juices such as urine and poop. It is also very useful in producing sweat. In many communities, there may be low access to water, and this will impact on young children’s having the necessary nutritional needs to maintain a healthy body. In areas prone to diarrhea or cholera, the need for safe drinking water and water to carry out domestic chores is needed to a higher degree.
- Water improves blood oxygen circulation in the body: When there is access to safe drinking water, you can be assured that the young children in that community have the required amount of water needed to help transport the nutrients and oxygen around their body. Make use of the reverse osmosis water filter to ensure that your water is pure enough to drink and will not cause any problems. In the human body, your blood contains a lot of water and carries oxygen to all the cells in the body. If there were no oxygen, the cells would die and the body would stop working. This is why having access to clean water is great for the general health of children. Water is present in the lymph and assists your body in regulating your body temperature while also supporting proper digestion of the foods you consume.
- Water is needed to protect young children from predatory illnesses: When young children have the right amount of water needed to balance their nutritional needs, there are some diseases that will never be a problem for them. Drinking water in the right amounts helps ensure that diseases such as kidney stones, constipation, hypertension, urinary tract infection, etc. are prevented. You need water for some of its components, which is that it absorbs minerals, vitamins, and nutrients from food in the body. This helps to improve the general health of a child. Give your children water after every meal and give them water any time they are thirsty. The human body has the capacity to regulate the amount of water in it based on its requirements.
- Water helps to kill germs and stop pandemics: Many diseases caused by the absence of clean water are a hundred percent preventable. This is why washing your hands is so important. Another important activity to be taken seriously is the washing of fruits and vegetables before consumption. Keeping your home sanitized literally saves many lives. Be sure to use adequate water to keep your foodstuffs clean. If in doubt about the purity of the water that you are using, always employ the reverse osmosis water filter to help purify the water that you use in your home for all domestic use.
How do you know when your child has had enough water? You do not. Children are often active and will always need plenty of water. They drink when they are thirsty or exercising. Always have a water bottle handy for when they need water.
Also Read: Summer Season Fruits in India